Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Anthony Lister documentary trailer

LISTER (Official Trailer) from Alex Gee on Vimeo.

I went to see Les Miserables last weekend and, during the previews/ads/self-help segment, I saw the trailer for Anthony Lister's forthcoming documentary Lister.

I got happy for ~3 seconds because it felt like this blog mattered, like something I cared about was good enough for real-world people to turn into a film using a lead character + narrative arc + commentary on contemporary art.

Then I felt sad again at the realisation that one more street/gallery/fictional artist was no longer our secret, but would become another dinner discussion with the parents/grandparents/Jesus.

Will you see Lister's doco when it comes out? Not sure if I'll watch it, or just focus on blogging 'illegal' street art on Instagram + Facebook :(